Switching to the old Logic Apps designer from a new Logic App is relatively easy… if you don’t have anything in your logic app! You just need to change the $schema value at the top of your logic app definition.
Here’s an example of how to do it:
- Create a new Logic App (will open in new designer)
- Add a manual HTTP Trigger, and a delay action (you need at least one trigger and one action in order to save your Logic App):
- Save your Logic App
- Open your logic app in code view
- Change the $schema value at the top from:
(I've highlighted the bits that change)
- Close your logic app
- Reopen it - it will open in the old designer (although it will appear to have nothing in it, as the new manual HTTP trigger is not supported) - just add a new trigger and off you go.
Note: you may need to manually edit the code behind to remove the delay shape - your mileage may vary.
I suspect the product group will release a tool to make this easier.
You can also use this mechanism to go from the old designer to the new one.